Life after an Activa?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Life after an Activa?

Post by CitroJim »

After 6 months of ownership I have got my Activa 99.9% sorted and I really love it.

Apart from its rather voracious fuel consumption it is a real gem and I'd hate to be without it. In fact I feel very priviledged to have been born at the right time and have the personal circumstances that allow me to have experienced this unique car. There was never anything like it and these is nothing like it now as far as I know.

Question is, one day, hopefully not for some time, it will have to stop being my daily driver but what would replace it?

Is there any other car that comes even close to having the unique properties of the Activa currently available (or even planned) that may make a worthwhile substitute in say, ten years time?

Something with the rumoured Hydractive 4 perhaps?

The same has been said about my other car, the 205GTi. Nothing has come close to it as yet although some say the 207GTi looks promising.

Any thoughts and suggestions?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
fourwheelsteer

Post by fourwheelsteer »

Having not (yet) driven an Activa I can't begin to suggest an effective replacement. I can sympathise with the problem facing the owner of a "special" car. Six years of Hondas with 4-wheel steering came to an end rather more abruptly than I would have hoped. I know 4WS is something I wouldn't want to be without in an ideal world. And how anyone could give up proper Citroen brakes is a mystery to me.

Why is it that manufacturers come up with great features and then get rid of them? Is the population at large so dense that anything better by virtue of being different simply will not be tolerated? How annoying.
1987 Citroen BX19TRS auto

My Blog: http://fourwheelsteer.blogspot.com/
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

Citroen have a habit of doing this, I remember a lot of GS/GSA owners in the mid 1980s felt the BX wasn't really any substitute for what had gone before. Similarly with the DS to CX I think, though thats a bit before my time.