AX missfire

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

widget
My Cars:

AX missfire

Post by widget »

Under load when i put my foot down and engine under 2000 revs it starts to misfire and need to change down and rev engine even from stand still if not enough revs it will do it put new plugs and ht leads in still the same also it idles very iratic under 1000 revs
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Is that happening on a green or a blue AX?

Seriously, to help us offer some useful advice can you tell us the year, model, what engine, fuel and ignition system it has?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
widget
My Cars:

Post by widget »

lol
its a red one 1.1i 1994 petrol
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Great stuff, I'm glad it's a red one, much easier to fix than blue ones :lol:

Right, top suspect has to be the pipe that goes from the inlet manifold to the MAP sensor. This pipe often perishes and lets in air, especially on the ends.

If this is the snag it'll make the engine run very roughly as it upsets the ECU fuel metering. Often the leak is bad enough to make an audible hissing noise when the engine is idling.

Otherwise, generally check the whole inlet tract for air leaks and give everything in that area a good clean, particularly the crankcase breather pipes. Faults of this nature are nearly always down to air leaks.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
widget
My Cars:

Post by widget »

many thanx m8ty will sort it tomorrow
thanx again