Wet Rear Seats

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

stevenlizuk
My Cars:

Wet Rear Seats

Post by stevenlizuk »

Hello all,

Can anyone offer some advice.
Under the rear bench of my 406 (estate no sunroof) there is lots of water collecting in the soundproofing.
The bootspace is dry and there is no sign of water coming from the quarters.
Any clues?
It does have roof rails, has anyone heard of the seals around the feet of the rails leaking?

Cheers

Steve
98 406 Estate LX 2.1td in white (Anyone call Ghostbusters?)

97 Xantia SX 2.1td (Chipped and happy at 130mph) Deceased after agricultural incident (crashed into field).
1981 Mini HL (Just happy to be around)
amjake

Post by amjake »

Hi Steve

Long shot but worth looking into.

On my 405 we had the same problem had window (rear estate panel) out and resealed etc.

What was noticable was the fact the water pooled in rear seats after washing car.

Solution - In rear took out rear washer water bottle thinking that could be leaking but it was the drain pipe from the filler cap wasn't located on the drain pipe and would you believe it still had a bung in the top!! Connected pipe water problem solved!!

Good Luck

Kevin
stevenlizuk
My Cars:

Post by stevenlizuk »

Thanks for the suggestion Kevin.

Sadly there is no filler bottle at the rear of the 406, it has one bottle at the front.

I'll just have to keep looking!

Cheers

Steve
98 406 Estate LX 2.1td in white (Anyone call Ghostbusters?)

97 Xantia SX 2.1td (Chipped and happy at 130mph) Deceased after agricultural incident (crashed into field).
1981 Mini HL (Just happy to be around)
wtog
My Cars:

Post by wtog »

i had the same on mine , i put silicon around all the black rubber bungs under the seat and mines been fine since , worth a go .
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

wtog wrote:i had the same on mine , i put silicon around all the black rubber bungs under the seat and mines been fine since , worth a go .
As the water in this case was coming in from the bottom I suppose.

I've had a problem with the roof anteanna foot not being tight - in my BX. Must be the same on a 405.
Should be a small access cut out near the sunvisor parking lugs, or the assembly must be removed to access the antenna foot from below, depending on construction.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image