Leaky 205 fixed

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Leaky 205 fixed

Post by CitroJim »

You may recall I woke up to find a pond in the rear of my 205 yesterday.

After another big storm this morning, the pond was returning, prompting some urget fix action.

I noticed large quantities of water was collecting on top of the door seal rubber and overflowing like a wier into the footwells.

The cause was obvious when I pulled off the door card. A missing plastic membrane! This allowed water that gets in around the door mirror (by design) to run down the inside of the door and drip from the edge of a cut-out and then run down the inside of the door card and onto the top of the rubber door seal. With the membrane in place, the water runs harmlessy into the bottom of the door and out through the drain holes.

A new membrane was fabricated and a watering can used to test. Fingers crossed it is now fixed. I must pop some rust wax in whilst the door card is off.

I'd not noticed this leak before because the car is almost always parked tight against a sheltering wall when the weather is at all poor. For the last two storms it has been parked out in the wide-open.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
pug_owner2002
My Cars:

Post by pug_owner2002 »

That is exactly the same problem that I had on my old 306 D Turbo and I feel is starting to happen on my X reg 306.
I'm guessing that the window company hasn't fixed the membrane back correctly after some B?????? broke into it and the window had to be replaced!!
R Reg Phase 2 306 DTurbo (Blaze Yellow) (Sold)
X Reg Phase 3 306 1.4 LX (Sold)
03 Renault Scenic Dynamique +
03 Seat Leon 1.9 TDi
52 Nissan Almera 1.8 sport+