leaky XM

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

citronut
My Cars:

leaky XM

Post by citronut »

where dose the hydraulic pipe which lays along the ledge on the bulk head behind the engine come from/to,as someone bought an XM to me yesterday with a hydraulic leak from this pipe were it gose through a rubber sleave as it diapears behind the hydaulic tank
regards malcolm
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

I cant see a hydraulic pipe along the bulkhead on mine, is yours a Mk1? maybe its different.
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Malcolm - there's a load of XM info on the Citroen Y site - including what looks like workshop manual for pre and post 94 cars.

I have downloaded other documents from this site most of which have been in english. 'Katalog' seems to refer to parts books.

http://citroeny.cz/servis/servis.htm
jeremy
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

its ok i have fix it,the pipe is a metal return right across the bulk head then disapears round the back of the tank,as it dose it changes to rubber,and had perished and split just were it has a right angled bend in the rubber,the rubber pipe carrys on behind the tank and is bonded into one of the larger returns going back to the tank,so i cut about an inch off made a short piece of copper knicle up with citro flaires on both ends and joined it with another length of rubber hydraulic pipe
regards malcolm