Radio Display light(s) not working.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

micitroen
My Cars:

Radio Display light(s) not working.

Post by micitroen »

Any ideas re this; my radio/cassette is working fine, its just the lit display that has decided to give up the ghost. Its fine in the daylight as the display is working fine as its an LCD display but when the sun goes down its a bit of pot luck with the radio......luckily I don't retune it much so know where the various stns are by judicious use of the buttons. Is there any (easy) way of replacing the bulbs (if it has any) I have had a very quick inspection of the unit and can't see any......it has had a hard life I s'pose but its annoying to have to think about replacing it just because of the display. (especially as its got the steering wheel controls as well).
Mike

1993 BX TXD EST mmm. nice. 1990 Bx 19TZD Auto Lhd (now lives in France) 1998 Xsara 1.9d lx.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Mike,

You've just reminded me that the radio backlight is out on my TD. I've had the car for getting on three years and it was out when I bought it.

I really must fix it. You'd never believe I'm an electronics engineer by trade would you :oops: :roll: It's the old cobbers children having holes in their shoes I guess :lol:

The bulb will be somewhere on the edge of the LCD display and not behind it. The display is illuminated by lighting the edge of its front glass panel. I guess it'll be a little wire-ended bulb and most likely soldered to the display PCB.

If no one posts to say how to do it, I'll get stuck into mine and let you know :wink:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
micitroen
My Cars:

Post by micitroen »

Thanks....probably a bit tech for me then :D
Mike

1993 BX TXD EST mmm. nice. 1990 Bx 19TZD Auto Lhd (now lives in France) 1998 Xsara 1.9d lx.
c.morewood
Donor 2023
My Cars: '00 Xantia 110 bhp Hdi SX Estate 65K "W"
'99 Xantia 110 bhp Hdi SX Estate 310K SORN "V"
'98 Xantia 1.9TD SX Estate 150K Sold "T"

Re: Radio Display light(s) not working.

Post by c.morewood »

Mike,

You've just reminded me that the radio backlight is out on my TD. I've had the car for getting on three years and it was out when I bought it.

I really must fix it. You'd never believe I'm an electronics engineer by trade would you :oops: :roll: It's the old cobbers children having holes in their shoes I guess :lol:

The bulb will be somewhere on the edge of the LCD display and not behind it. The display is illuminated by lighting the edge of its front glass panel. I guess it'll be a little wire-ended bulb and most likely soldered to the display PCB.

If no one posts to say how to do it, I'll get stuck into mine and let you know :wink:
Jim,
You posted this 7 years ago. Can you remember if you had any luck with the radio lights?
Chris
Tesla Model 3 LR DM AWD Blue White
'00 Xant 110HdiSX Est 83K "W"
'99 Xant 110HdiSX Est 320K "V"
'98 Xant 1.9TDSX Est 150K "T"
'97 Xant 1.9TD 20k Est
'94 Fiat TipoTd 40K

'85 BMW K100RT 330K Garaged 26yrs '80 Honda CB250 twin Superdream