Blink & You'll Miss It !!

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Blink & You'll Miss It !!

Post by ACTIVE8 »

O.K. :) Citroen got a mention on Fifth Gear tonight. 8)

Although they featured the history of Citroen by showing a variety of
cars on display in the Ace Cafe car park, including the DS, they just panned over them to reach another car.

They were only there as backgound detail, while they featured the C-Crosser.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoe ... osser.html

So, if you missed it, & would like to see it then it's repeated this Saturday the 9th June at 10.00hrs.
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

Not a big fan of the illegitimate offspring of Top Gear but I've set my recorder.
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

I agree they try to emulate the success, and format of Top Gear, but can't quite achieve it.

If anything we had more air time, and a more interesting report, when Top Gear featured the C6. 8)
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

Story goes that when the beeb axed TG the team was poached by Channel 5, but Clarkson was still under contract with the beeb so couldn't move.
Then, a few years later, the beeb relised their mistake & brought Top Gear back.
TBH I prefer TG (in the older format of the new series - more reviews less cocking about) & the items are longer (bonus of no ad's I suppose) but 5th Gear's still worth a watch if only for lovley VBH
Some say the stig is actually Needles - hence the whole disguised 'tamed racing driver' thing - no-one can hang a car out like him :lol:
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

rossnunn wrote:Some say the stig is actually Needles - hence the whole disguised 'tamed racing driver' thing - no-one can hang a car out like him :lol:
The stig is http://www.collinsautosport.com/ :wink:
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

I much prefer 5th Gear to Top Gear.
They seem to actually review cars rather than just trying to get as many adjectives or similies in.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Watching the repeat as I type this post in, it's apparent that they did not trailer the Citroen spot on the programme, it just popped up 15 minutes into the programme. Although it would have taken some organising as there were several of Citroens classic cars on display. So I would assume that their were a few CCC cars at the Ace Cafe.

The definitive SUV/4X4 test was a nice sarcastic dig at the types who think that any 4X4 is an essential (sic) vehicle for the urban environment. LOL
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Speaking of seeing Cits on TV, I was delighted to see a red BX in an old episode of "Grand Designs" on More 4 last evening. Here is this very wealthy person having the house of his dreams built and he runs a BX. What a fine fellow :lol:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...