Xantia TD Year 99 Automatic

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jmd
My Cars:

Xantia TD Year 99 Automatic

Post by jmd »

Should the gear change (floor panel) on the Xantia Automatic be illuminated at the gearstick. I took one for a drive this evening and there is no illumination on the floor at the base of the gearstick- wondered if this panel should be lit,or is the indicater on the dashboad considered sufficient. Perhaps somebody could advise me.
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Yes it should, the bulb can be replaced with a standard capless one, R286 IIRC.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

On my V6 the auto gear lever panel was not illuminated. When I investigated I found that there was a bulb fitted but no wiring to it! I added some wiring myself as I had it apart. :roll:
It infuriates me to be wrong when I know I'm right

Lexia ponce

http://perception.dyndns.biz/~avengineering/index.htm
deian

Post by deian »

Mine isn't illuminated either. I understand there were 3 different auto boxes for the xantia range, i wonder if you have a different one to us V6 people? We have the one that goes PRND321 with Sport and Snow button, there is another with the above but 1 is an additional button next to Snow, the other one was quite basic. too.

Anyway, the dashboard indicator suits me fine, i don't have to look down if i need to move from D to 3, 2 or 1, but i just move my eyes to the dash, it's probably a safety idea.
jmd
My Cars:

Post by jmd »

Thanks for your replies. Seems reasonable that there should be a bulb here. Yes Deian my gearboy seems to be the same as yours