Old Xantia TV Advert found!

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Old Xantia TV Advert found!

Post by CitroJim »

For some reason I cannot ever recall adverts being on TV for the Xantia in the mid-90s. I can vividly recall the Pug 405 adverts though and the music that went with them, Berlin singing "Take My Breath Away" remains one of my all-time favourite tracks.

Today Dad has been busy transferring some old treasured VHS tapes of his containing episodes of "The Car is the Star" over to DVD using his new toy. Imagine my delight when an advert for the Xantia popped up at the end of one episode. :D

It showed a man standing by a waterfall with his silver Xantia. The Xantia was a Mk1 and the same tape had adverts for a Mk1 Clio with Nicole 8) So I guess this dates it around 1994 or 5. If so, that is why I can't recall them. Too busy with a toddler and a newborn along that time :P

Anyone recall any other Xantia TV adverts?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

There were a whole stack of adverts showing a Xantia Dimension "found" in the ice by some polar explorers. I think that was towards the end of the Xantia production run.

Always thought it was a rather rubbish advert to be honest!
This is not a signature.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

fastandfurryous wrote:There were a whole stack of adverts showing a Xantia Dimension "found" in the ice by some polar explorers. I think that was towards the end of the Xantia production run.

Always thought it was a rather rubbish advert to be honest!
I vaugely remember that one..

So that is where those very early MK1s with late registrations came from then :lol: :lol:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Re: Old Xantia TV Advert found!

Post by DickieG »

citrojim wrote:Today Dad has been busy transferring some old treasured VHS tapes of his containing episodes of "The Car is the Star" over to DVD using his new toy. Anyone recall any other Xantia TV adverts?
Jim, you wouldn't happen to have the episode comparing the Allegro with the 1100 would you? I've been looking for that one for years as my Morris 1100 was "The Star".

Xantia adverts; remember the Activa one with the car transporter with loads of yellow cars which fall off. That one and a number of others are on "You tube" including many which weren't to my knowledge shown in the UK.

One I haven't found yet is the one when Xantia's became fitted with aircon as standard, comparing "Mad dogs and Englishmen" etc.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

Have a look on Youtube, you might be able to find some on there, (I know there's some ZX ones)
SteveG

Post by SteveG »

I remember a series of ads for the Xantia with a tall Australian actor or comedian (can't remember which, or his name). In one ad, he was reclining in a sun lounger in the back of an estate to show how long the cargo area was.

Anyone else remember these?
weety
My Cars:

Post by weety »

well i have looked on you tube and cant find a xantia advert on there...anyone got any links (i cant remember any xantia adverts which is a bit sad.....especially as i can still remember the 'driven by you' adverts for ford)
M reg xantia 1.9td 266000 miles expired
R reg xantia 1.9td 186000 miles veggy power expired
L reg renault clio 1.9D 91000 miles expired at 107000 miles
x reg clio 15d veggy power bottom of the car rotted through
06 c5 2.2 TD wowser so much power and comfort 160000 miles
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

Alan Brown - that bloke from the film Murder by Illusion.

I've got the whole set on a DVD off ebay somewhere
- there's about 6 in this series altogether - I'll see if I can find them!!

Andrew
DickieG
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

weety wrote:well i have looked on you tube and cant find a xantia advert on there...anyone got any links (i cant remember any xantia adverts which is a bit sad.....especially as i can still remember the 'driven by you' adverts for ford)
Try http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Xantia
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re: Old Xantia TV Advert found!

Post by CitroJim »

DickieG wrote:Jim, you wouldn't happen to have the episode comparing the Allegro with the 1100 would you? I've been looking for that one for years as my Morris 1100 was "The Star".
I'll get Dad to have a look as he progresses Richard, he has a lot of tapes to do! I had an Austin 1300 many years ago. Lovely car and I think it was that one that started my love of hydro suspension systems. Shame it was as rusty as a horseshoe though. It looked perfect but underneath... :shock:

I then got a Renault 4. The start of my French car obsession :roll:

I watched the story of the Triumph Herald last evening 8) I've always had a hankering for one and they're still good lookers 8)
Jim

Sturdybloke

Post by Sturdybloke »

I had a look on YouTube and found some of these...

Very early phase 1 VSX 16v-

phase 2 Activa v6-

French advert (are they 405's?)-

Early english ad (who is the voiceover?) -

weety wrote:i cant remember any xantia adverts which is a bit sad.....especially as i can still remember the 'driven by you' adverts for ford
I remember 'driven by you', but I like this Ford one better 'Man and Machine in perfect harmony' -

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

They're great :D Good find!

I especially like the early English One :P

I found this one. I rather like it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_PR31bh ... ed&search=

Notice how they pronounce Xantia as X-antia with a big stress on the X. and Activa phonetically unlike we in the UK who tend to pronounce "Xantia" and "Ac-Tiva" with the big stress on the "T". Who's right here and what country did the ad above originate from?

Yes, in the French advert they are 405's. Not the first time they've been used in adverts for other PSA cars. I recall the "regret" series (for the 307?) with the Zutons music had a mustard coloured one hiding in a corn field.
Jim

DickieG
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

citrojim wrote:Notice how they pronounce Xantia as X-antia with a big stress on the X. and Activa phonetically unlike we in the UK who tend to pronounce "Xantia" and "Ac-Tiva" with the big stress on the "T". Who's right here and what country did the ad above originate from?
In the French ads it sounds to me as if it's pronounced "Zontia"
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

DickieG wrote:In the French ads it sounds to me as if it's pronounced "Zontia"
That's how they pronounce it in Harrowgate. :lol:
philhoward

Post by philhoward »

I now remember why i don't go on Youtube...tried a couple of the links above...and finally realised it was time for bed about 3am...

Like the V6 Xantia drag race one, though :lol: :lol: