Leaning Activa...

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Leaning Activa...

Post by CitroJim »

Don't cars play up when you can least afford the time to sort them. I've been preoccupied these past few days and it is as though the cars know :evil:

The Activa has had a tendency to lean when parked up for the past few days and this morning it really had an alarming list to starboard but work called and off I went. What's more, it was very slow to get its act together and sail with an even keel. Something did not feel quite right.

I spotted it this lunchtime. One of the roll corrector linkages was hanging in free air :shock: Closer investigation revealed a missing bolt that holds the linkage rod to the front wishbone. It could only have fallen out because I did not tighten it properly when I had the linkages off for lubrication :oops: :oops: :oops: A bolt scrounged from our Artisans soon had it all right and it drove much better on the way home.

That on top of my strange cooling incident and my 205GTi being sick too is punishment I'm sure for neglecting them for a few days :roll:

I'm off to Dover in the Activa tomorrow. The first long journey I'll have done in it. I just hope it all holds together...

I'd better really pamper them this evening methinks :lol:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

If the rain over this side is heading your way Jim, you'll be rather wet giving them any attention tonight!
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool