picasso

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

brian.r.uk

picasso

Post by brian.r.uk »

hi all, am thinking of buying a picasso 2.0hdi desire 2 53 plate.is there anything to look out for.
thanks
2.1td
My Cars:

Post by 2.1td »

Just the usual really... service history, scrapes and dings and that the interior hasn't been trashed by kids. Remember it is a (so called) people carrier and is likely to have done a fair few shopping trips/school runs! Great cars though and plenty to choose from, so if the one you have your eye on isn't spot on walk away!
Be careful!
mooseshaver
My Cars:

Post by mooseshaver »

Boot Catches sometimes don't work so door does not open or stay shut.
Bulbs behind the instrument panel go, think its a lot of effort to pull it all out to replace them (could have been a garage that just didn't want to do it).
The carry box/case thing that slots into the side of the boot might be missing. They are expensive for a lump of plastic.
C5 III Tourer 2.0 HDi 163 Auto Exclusive
Gone cars.
C5 2.2 HDi Exclusive Estate auto 57. Awesome car. Sadly Could not be fixed by Citroen.
C5 1.6 HDi VTR Estate 56. Traded in.
C5 2.2 HDi SX Estate 02. Drowned in the floods of 09.
C3 1.4 HDi 92 SX 52.
Saxo 1.1 East Coast.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

mooseshaver wrote: Bulbs behind the instrument panel go, think its a lot of effort to pull it all out to replace them (could have been a garage that just didn't want to do it).
To remove the instrument panel all you do is pop the surround out using a plastic lever then remove the two T-20 screws. The bulbs just twist out.
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

My friend had (a petrol autobox) one as a company lease car: it was awful, it looked like it had been assembled by drunken chimpanzees, and it leaked in rainwater from brand new (the underseat draws were full of water on delivery....). it was a reasonably nice drive but things just kept breaking on it; the rear view mirror fell off in the first week..... :roll:

Remember; these cars are built down to meet a discount price rather than up to a quality-just look at what they were given away for new, and when the lease period was up and the option came to buy he declined: the reason being that the autobox warning lamp kept coming on and the rather useless dealer couldn't tell why. He now has a new style Vectra,,,,,, :oops: which isn't as nice to ride around in but is way better assembled.

If the price is right go for it, it's a nice drive but it ain't well built!!!
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

I've heard of the under floor boxes filling with water as well - may be a problem here.
jeremy
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Girders for suspension instead of springs.
Back seats designed for 10 year olds or midgets.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool