This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Hi to all.Not been around so often since i got my new car in oct.
I`ve nearly done 12k miles since i got it now.Wonderfull car too.Getting about 45 mpg average,plenty of poke,comfortable long distance cruiser,excellent tow car,very pleased.
Air bag light is on again now :cry: :x ,need a new front grill as i hit a pidgeon(?)& i need a new windscreen as a large stone hit it & the crack is now at 7" long & growing.My Dad only had a new screen put in it a few weeks before i got it :( :roll: .Only £50 on the insurance though.Apart from that,its great.Although part of me still misses the Xantia,i drive past it every few days.But no SteveG,i`ll keep the 406 thanks :D .
Cheers guys :)
53`406 est SE Hdi 140,110k
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

One other thing i`ve noticed on the down sides.You`d think after all these years,Peugeot/Citroen could make bumper insert strips that did`nt rust from the inside out.I had it on the Xantia,but that was 10 yrs old,this is only 3 yrs old! :(
53`406 est SE Hdi 140,110k
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

np wrote:One other thing i`ve noticed on the down sides.You`d think after all these years,Peugeot/Citroen could make bumper insert strips that did`nt rust from the inside out.I had it on the Xantia,but that was 10 yrs old,this is only 3 yrs old! :(
Well it looks like PSA, or their supplier can't make these strips properly, so that they don't deteriorate.

When you look at similar strips on other makes of car, and see strips in good condition with absolutely no deterioration at all, even when the car is many years old, then you see the vast difference in quality.

So PSA should have noticed this problem, and either improved the quality of the part, or stopped using it as a design detail.

Although it seems that like the PR net charging :evil: it's another way to make money out of owners who choose to renew it.

P.S. Here's a dictionary definition of deteriorate that has a line that is worth using here.

de·te·ri·o·rate
To weaken or disintegrate; decay: The nation's highways are deteriorating at a rapid pace.

The thing is what deteriorates quicker these poorly made trims, or the roads ?

Well it certainly seems to be the trims !