Summertime comes with new projects.

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

AndersDK
My Cars:

Summertime comes with new projects.

Post by AndersDK »

Have been using a home made dual ramp, raised one end with a standard hydraulic garage jack 2.25T 0.13-0.38mlifting
Thinking of re-inforcing the ramp on critical points, and make it lift in a scissor action with suitable safety lock function (non-return rod sliding over notches).
Thats not the hard bit.

Would it be possible in easy terms to modify the hydraulick jack for external hyd pressure input, i.e. from a standard Cit hyd pump driven by a motor ?
I know these standard hydraulic jacks works by moving the fluid from one side of the piston to the other side, when you pump on the handle which acts on a simple piston. In addition its got a simple non-return ballbearing valve in series with the pump piston to the pressure side of the piston.
The release valve is then connected between the 2 cavities.

Practical problems are of course making up suitable fittings for connections, but thats merely doing up metric to imperial union converter pipes or hoses.

Comments please.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
deian

Post by deian »

Or just create a special feed from the hydraulic pump and feed the jack, engine on, drive on, connect, open valve, move selector to high, and up we go!.... or is that the idea?