loggin on problems

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

visagti
My Cars:

loggin on problems

Post by visagti »

Sorry not a car query but no option for this one.

I've been a member on here for a number of years and keep having problems logging on??

My computer clears my passwords now and again so I have to log on again each time it does this.
However when I try this by typing password in it will not accept it, I then go to forgot password and have it send a new one to my email (which is an old one I don't use anymore because of spams), I click link and input new password and it always says declined or email banned???

I have tried to contact administrators on a number of occasions but have never had a reply when querying this.

Only way to get back in is to go through the thousands of emails and spams and find the only password request that lets me in, it only does let me in if I copy and past it.

Anyone else had these problems
Visa Gti 105ch - white - under restoration - NO RUST never painted
Visa Gti 105ch - red
Visa Gti 115ch - white - requires tlc
Corsa CDTi SXI+
Impreza WRX Wagon
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

The e-mail should come to me and I have never received one from you.
I get very little spam so providing you're not using a heading that sounds "spammy" my filter wouldn't tip you out.

I have put into place on the forum a lot of checks and balances to make life as hard as possible for spammers so I don't have to spend my every waking hour deleting the offers of big willys, dodgy drugs and children doing strange things from these layabouts, but unfortuunately, genuine members also get caught up in this at times.
It seems that if you change your e-mail address or something equally as drastic, the system then re-activates your membership but unfortunately doesn't notify me and as I have to personally re-activate all memberships, I am not aware until I get a message directly.
I usually find that most members who have problems, usually are sorted if I either give them a fresh password and they either run with that or if they then access their profile and change it to the one they want.
There is also a chance you may have a problem with cookies or their deletion due to safeguards you have installed on your computer.
If you want to change the password etc, send me a PM and I'll do it for you.
Between times, I'll take a look at the profile and see if I can spot a problem and if so, I'll PM you.

Alan S

[Edit] P.S.

Had a peak and found a couple of things.
Firstly do you have an e-mail account other than Yahoo? If so, try changing to that. We try to limit access to common spammers e-mail addresses namely Yahoo and Hotmail, so that could be your problem.

I have also "hidden" public access to your e-mail address so the bots for the spammers won't fill up your inbox, something I've advised on previously.
Let me know how that all works. If you need a suggestion on an e-mail address, just ask via PM and again I'll oblige if I can.
RIP Sept 19th 2008.

She said "Put the cat out" She didn't mention it was on fire!!