Missing/idling Problem.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

PETE83
My Cars:

Missing/idling Problem.

Post by PETE83 »

Hi,
I have a Citroen Saxo VTR on 1999 plate, Iv had this problem for a little while and its really begging to bug me now, the problem iv got is some times when i start the car it will stick and idle around the 3000 mark for some times about 10-15mins then when it drops back down to about the 1000 mark it will sometimes almost cuts out. The other problem is when i rev it and hold it about the 2000 to 2500 it feels like it has a small miss, can anyone shed any light on this for me?
Thanks Pete.
jmd
My Cars:

Post by jmd »

I see your query was written in Feb, and hope your problem has been resolved. Is the car Petrol or Diesel, If it is Petrol, the problems could be caused by a variety of reasons, dirty fuel, bad plugs, or plug leads. carburettor problems, or engine timing. If it is Diesel that's a totally different problem, possibly air getting into the fuel system, or perhaps poor quality fuel, injectors needing renewal, or servicing, Probably a fuelling problem of some sort.
My Cars:

Post by 8304 »

idle control valve if its a petrol.
Zxtd Aura converted from 1.8i Petrol - Lowered, 20psi boost extra fuel - weeeeeee!

MK2 Cortina 1600e

Honda Acty Romahome - 545cc!! - (the "beast")
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

jmd wrote:I see your query was written in Feb, and hope your problem has been resolved. Is the car Petrol or Diesel, If it is Petrol, the problems could be caused by a variety of reasons, dirty fuel, bad plugs, or plug leads. carburettor problems, or engine timing. If it is Diesel that's a totally different problem, possibly air getting into the fuel system, or perhaps poor quality fuel, injectors needing renewal, or servicing, Probably a fuelling problem of some sort.
Pete joined feb 6.th -
- and submitted his posting april 4.th :wink:
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image