Offshoot from thread "Bio users"..

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

James.UK
My Cars:

Offshoot from thread "Bio users"..

Post by James.UK »

I wrote to Tony Baxter (ExcStamp Excise) asking a question :-

>>> I have a 1994 Citroen 1.9D automatic ... My car will run on any thin oil without it being modified in any way whatsoever., Do you happen to know if any of the proposed changes will allow me to run my car on a 50/50 mix of diesel and cooking / veg oils? Thanks..<<<<

I received the following reply:-

>>>Yes, you will be able to do that, without registering or paying duty on the vegetable oil litreage, from sometime this summer when the change is expected to take effect. We will publicise the date when we know it.<<<

Woo hoo looks like common sense is coming back into fashion!!! :lol:
James. (Nr M67 East of Manchester).
Dark Blue ZX 1.9D Auto 1994 'L' 5 dr (modified) Aura. 98K miles used daily. Ave mpg 40
Wedgewood Blue 75 CTD auto Connoissaur. 2002. 144k. used daily. ave mpg 40 ish.
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Thats ace, so from what ive read i should get my dad to twin tank his 2.1td and get using WVO/Bio thru it and thus avoid having to worry about stupid duty on it :D

Wonder if this is due to veg oil going up in price and due to the pressure they are seeing from having to keep uptodate with all the people registering as home bio producers and thus hardly being worth thier effort compared to the bigger production places :)
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Basically for the small amount of duty home users hand over, it costs HMRC more to administer, so it's cheaper for them to let us just use it.
If memory serves in Germany SVO can be used without having to pay duty.
Also there's the issue of the court cases etc trying to show that the goverment hasn't been living up to it's Kyoto promises.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool