Synergie 1.9TD Exhaust

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Gammy leg
My Cars:

Synergie 1.9TD Exhaust

Post by Gammy leg »

Chaps,

My 2000 (W) Synergie has rotted through it's exhaust pipe just in front of the front box. The box looks quite cylindrical and tapers down at each end where it connects to the inlet & outlet pipes and seems to have some kind of mesh around it. The 2nd box about 20" behind looks more conventional.
Do you think that the front box is a CAT? - Approx cost of replacement?? ( I am sitting down )

Thanks

Gammy
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Sitting down ?
Reach for some medicine too :shock:

Honestly - try a quick fitter. They have components to go for the saturday home fitter, or do a new complete fit at very reasonable cost.
Donno at your place - but around here in DK the genuine part is in the vicinity of some £500, while standard aftermarket parts are in the range of £65. Example : http://thansen.dk/product.asp?c=8549920 ... 2027207729
These aftermarket cat's will need a new standard (non-cat) front pipe and possibly a non-cat downstream pipe too. But thats still nothing compared to the genuine parts price ...

... unless you are pedantic and wants the genuine parts :roll:

Note that the standard cat comes with stepped offset diameters connecting studs to fit most systems.
Last edited by AndersDK on 06 Apr 2007, 00:46, edited 1 time in total.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
philhoward

Post by philhoward »

The mesh bits sound like flexi-joints to me...and that does sound like a cat to me...