Xsara Rear Bumper Removal.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

David W
My Cars:

Xsara Rear Bumper Removal.

Post by David W »

Just got our recently aquired A1 condition Xasra spot on with all jobs up to date.... and someone in a Vectra runs into the back of it tonight as the good lady was stopped at a pedestrian crossing!

To the casual look the Xsara seemed unmarked yet the Vectra bonnet was folded up... "looking like a tent" as our youngest said.

Of course a more careful look at the Xsara showed an impact damaged black bumper insert and deep scuffing to the painted bit.

Anyone ever removed the rear bumper and is it as easy as Haynes describe? Also do the black bump strip bits come off somehow without removing the bumper?

Thanks,

David
2009 C5 HDi VTR+Nav Tourer
2006 C3 HDi Desire
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
David W
My Cars:

Post by David W »

Thanks for that image Anders. It now appears the repair will go through the insurer of the guy at fault. We have only just bought this car to last a good few years. I would rather have been in control so we don't find a slapdash repair ends up with the new paint flaking off in 18mths time.

We'll see.

David
2009 C5 HDi VTR+Nav Tourer
2006 C3 HDi Desire
simonelsey
My Cars:

Post by simonelsey »

David W wrote:Thanks for that image Anders. It now appears the repair will go through the insurer of the guy at fault. We have only just bought this car to last a good few years. I would rather have been in control so we don't find a slapdash repair ends up with the new paint flaking off in 18mths time.

We'll see.

David
You still have the right to choose where to have the car repaired .
2.0 hdi xsara estate been a pain but starting to look like a good buy
shylock
My Cars:

xsara estate rear bumper

Post by shylock »

Hi
I have the same problem with my 98 xsara estate, i want to remove the bumper or if possible just the black inserts in order to fit rear parking sensors. The inserts look as though they should be able to be removed separately but i can't see how they come off.
shylock