Diagnostic Fault Codes

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

chrisso
My Cars:

Diagnostic Fault Codes

Post by chrisso »

I would appreciate some help with my 2001 Xantia 1.8 16v.
I have just taken it to my cousins garage as the engine diagnostic light is now permanently on. Engine has been cutting out regularly upon braking then restarting. Whist on motorway other day light came on and stayed on. At Garage he read the fault codes but said that the numbers dont seem to correspond with the ones in his snap-on manual. Is there anyone who knows where I can obtain them?

He suspects fault may be ignition coil, had price £130 +vat just for part so I would like to be more sure b4 going ahead!

Thanks in advance.
Chrisso.
KevMayer
My Cars:

Post by KevMayer »

Did you notice what the code number was ?

I have a fault code book which came with a fault code reader I recently got off ebay.

cheers,

Kev
Cheers, Kev

02 plate C5 2.2 Hdi Exclusive SE (now 170k miles 03/21).

Used to have:- Xantia 1.9 TurboD SX. 1996 Blue & 1998 Silver Activa. + 1992 BX TZD Turbo.
jmd
My Cars:

Post by jmd »

Perhaps I should not recommend another website ,but you could log on to www.pikit.co.uk/peugeotmt/index.html. On the left hand side of the page you will find a list of items - try psa eobd p codes.(2nd down I think) You will find loads of Fault Codes References, Admittedly it is referring to Peugeot engines, but as they are all PSA it should help you.
chrisso
My Cars:

Diagnostic Fault Codes

Post by chrisso »

Hi guys thanks for replies, fault codes were checked again today and they are code 32, code 150 code 155 code 152 code 255 code 00

However these were read after my journey to the garage today and maybe not to suprising for citroen electrics, on my way there the engine diagnostic light went out and stayed out!. I decided that I should take the mechanics advice and went for replacement of the coil, as he said it is a common failure recently on citroen's renaults and peugeots

He cleared out all the fault codes so we can trace things from the start if fault persists. Good news was he managed to get new coil for £88 inc vat!

Regards, Chrisso.
KevMayer
My Cars:

Post by KevMayer »

From the list I have these codes are as follows:-

P0032....HO2S Heater Control Circuit High (Bank 1 Sensor 1)

P0150....O2 Sensor Circuit (Bank 2 Sensor 1)

P0155....O2 Sensor Heater Circuit (Bank 2 Sensor 1)

P0152....O2 Sensor Circuit High Voltage (Bank 2 Sensor 1)

P0255....Injection Pump Fuel Metering Control 'A' Intermittent (Cam/Rotor/Injector)

I'm not sure about code 00. It's not in my list.
Cheers, Kev

02 plate C5 2.2 Hdi Exclusive SE (now 170k miles 03/21).

Used to have:- Xantia 1.9 TurboD SX. 1996 Blue & 1998 Silver Activa. + 1992 BX TZD Turbo.
chrisso
My Cars:

Diagnostic Fault Codes

Post by chrisso »

Many thanks for assistance, this will be of real help if my problem continues, and to others who encounter these codes!

Chrisso.
philhoward

Post by philhoward »

Looking at those codes, i'd guess that 255 applies to diesel engines, but the rest say Lambda sensor to me...and possibly the heater and sensor circuit shorted inside the sensor (or a good old wire break)