center sphere

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

fangy

center sphere

Post by fangy »

Hi, I'm going to change the front center sphere on my Xantia vsx, is there any problems I can expect doing this job or should it be a straight forward sphere off sphere on?
Thanks,
Fangy.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

With engine idle, set the height selector to low.
Then let the engine idle for a couple of minutes, ensuring any residual pressure has exhausted while valves are open in the hydractive system.

It does not matter if you have lifted the car on jacks or not. With wheels hanging down dangling, then the suspension system reads this as the car is in the highest suspension position. (wheels farthest from the chassis)
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

You will be amazed at the difference it makes to the ride, assuming that it hasn't been changed recently (or at all).
fangy

Post by fangy »

Thanks for that, I'm not quite sure what you meant about jacks, I was planning to put the car on ramps, would this be ok? One other thing, the external temperature gauge in my car reads between 35 to 50 degrees, does anyone know what can cause this? and where is the sensor on the car? I've checked the Haynes manual and can't find any mention of it.
Thanks,
Fangy.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

fangy wrote:the external temperature gauge in my car reads between 35 to 50 degrees, does anyone know what can cause this? and where is the sensor on the car? I've checked the Haynes manual and can't find any mention of it.
Thanks,
Fangy.
Maybe it is reading in degrees Kelvin :wink: It only felt about 50 Kelvin out today...

Mine just reads three dashes. The sensor is in the passengers door mirror behind the glass I believe. I tried to get in there the other day but could not find the clip to release the mirror glass and stopped before I broke it.

The sensor will be a thermistor I guess and if it is reading high then the most likely cause is corroded connections to it making its resistance appear higher to the display than it actually is..
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Support jacks under the car's lifting points ?
Anyway its definately allright to have the car on ramps.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image