Bosch IP change

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Xaccers
My Cars:

Bosch IP change

Post by Xaccers »

There's a light squeal/rubbing sound coming from my IP
I've not had a chance to take the cambelt covers off to inspect it, never know they could be misaligned and rubbing maybe.
If it is the IP, what considerations do I need to take into account when changing it over?
I'm sure someone mentioned that the IP is linked to the immobiliser (mines a keypad type) is that the case?

Car's done nearly 120K, recently changed the cambelt after the last one snapped, didn't change tensioners/rollers.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Unless you really have missed your luck - then your Bosch IP should be good for yet 2x the mileage covered :shock:
Its the best you can get.

Changing the pump is bound to be entertaining with the immobiliser fitted on the pump. The code is stored in the pump's immobiliser unit - not in the cars keypad or ECU. If you tamper with the pump, you are left with an immobilised car - for good.
Unless you spend ££'s on a new pump with a known code :twisted:

However it is possible to remove the immobiliser from the pump in a sensible way, once the pump is out the car. For obvious reasons this is still not an easy job :wink:

I'd say give it a serious try tracing down that mystee noise. It may be a bent or misplaced cambelt cover chafing on the belt. No fun either, but easier to correct than a pump problem.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

I'm hoping it's just the belt rubbing!
First hoped it was something on the aux belt, but disconnected that and the noise is still there.
Will investigate further after I move this weekend.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool