C5 HDI VTR - Wiper Replacement

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Citroen Virgin

C5 HDI VTR - Wiper Replacement

Post by Citroen Virgin »

This is probably a simple problem but I just picked my C5 up at the weekend and the wipers aren't quite up to scratch.
I have bought a new pair but cannot see how I lift the arms away from the windscreen as the rear end of the bonnet prevents the arms from being lifted up.

To be able to replace the blades properly, I need to lift the arms.

Any simple advice....... or maybe i am just being blind as well as stupid.....!

Cheers.

Forgot to say that it is a 53 plate 2.0
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

you need to put the wipers into service mode- start the car up & run the engine for a few seconds,switch the engine & ignition off,push the wiper stalk fully down & release.the wiper arms will do half a sweep & they will now be pointing upwards alowing you to change the blades. just operate the wipes as normal to get them back.
Citroen Virgin

Post by Citroen Virgin »

Thanks wheeler.
I shall try that later.

And now I am happy as I don't feel stupid................ What a strange design.......!
reblack68
My Cars:

Post by reblack68 »

I tried this just now after doing a search.

It worked, except that the wipers returned when I let go. I just did the job one-handed since it was only the driver's side needing done (I'd already managed to wrestle the passenger one off and on). When I was finished the wipers were staying up.

As an added bonus this procedure made the rear wiper start working again. I can tell that multiplex electrics are going to be fun. :D
Richard

No French cars of my own at present.
Care of a 1994 205 D.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

reblack68 wrote:As an added bonus this procedure made the rear wiper start working again.
That is certainly interesting. Seems you have found the rear wiper reset mode :lol:
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
rabenson
My Cars:

Post by rabenson »

Yet again, the forum has saved me a great deal of head scratching - tried the above and it worked perfectly! - thanks!!
2007 C6 2,7 HDI exclusive 95k
2004 C5 VTR HDI 103k