Don't take anything for granted..

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

mbunting
My Cars:

Don't take anything for granted..

Post by mbunting »

Having owned xantia's and 405's before ( mostly TD's ), my 406 which I've had for the last 8 months is a revelation in terms of refinement.

There was a slight wistle from the turbo, and then sometimes when pegging it, a woosh of air can be heard - which I assumed to be the wastegate.

Anyway, given the good weather, and new facilities ( we've got a house with a drive :lol: ), I decided to have a look at the PAS problem detailed in the peugeot section, and also just have a general check.

I found the turbo pipe FROM the turbo to the intercooer was very loose to the point of hardly being "inserted" into the turbo itself. I noticed the mounting bracket had the bolt missing from the plastic pipe to the engine, so pushed the pipe upwards into the metal flange of the turbo ( two o-ring seals were visible before, both now inside ), and found some cable ties to use as a temporary bolt before I can "borrow" some bolts from work tomorrow.

The difference in the refinement and performance of the car is amazing, the first time I pegged it, you should have seen the c**p out the back - :lol: presumably all the stuff in the pipe / intercooler that hadn't been flushed out because of "low puff" from the turbo. Needless to say, I've had to check it a few more times this evening :lol:

So, the moral of the story - don't assume, check !
405 STi Auto Est
Cruise, Aircon, Sunroof