DIM DIP RELAY LOCATION

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

xantia93eko

DIM DIP RELAY LOCATION

Post by xantia93eko »

hi again i know xantia headlights are renowned for being poor but i have another problem when i switch my lights to dipped beam the lights are poor and i only get the dipped headlight warning on the dash when i put on sidelights i get no warning light on dash although sidelights work fine.
Very occasionally the warning lights operate correctly i e sidelights one warning light dipped beam 2 warning lights when this happens the headlights are better not brilliant but noticably better. I have been told the problem could be the dim dip relay but i dont know where to look for it i have had this problem over a year and when the other warning light does decide to work maybe 2 or 3 times in the year it is very short lived.
Over to you now i hope i get as lucky as i did with the slow suspension post
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

first thing i would try is replaceing the lighting switch,dim dip is normaly only on when you only have side light switched on whilst the ignition is on,not shure were the relays are
regards malcolm
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

I think the Xantia was too recent to have dim dip fitted. If I remember rightly, dim dip was phased out in the UK during 1992 so even the very early Xantias would have missed it.
SteveG

Post by SteveG »

nick wrote:I think the Xantia was too recent to have dim dip fitted. If I remember rightly, dim dip was phased out in the UK during 1992 so even the very early Xantias would have missed it.
There are plenty of cars much later than '92 with dim dip lights - my Discovery for one.
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

Ah, just had a look into this a bit more & seems that it was the legal requirement to fit dim dip on new cars registered in the UK that ended.
Manufacturers could still voluntarily fit dim dip if they wished.