Aftermarket Radio Recommendations

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

SteveG

Aftermarket Radio Recommendations

Post by SteveG »

Howdy folks,

I'm thinking about replacing the standard radio/cassette in my Xantia for a CD/mp3 player. Does anyone have any recommendations/comments on units they've fitted?

Are there any out there that will connect to the steering wheel controls?
wrinklet1
My Cars:

Post by wrinklet1 »

Hi,
I fitted a Bluapunkt Woodstock Dab 54 into my Xantia mk II. Fitted no problem, you just need a facia panel to fit into your dash to fit and a wiring harness to adapt your steering wheel connections to your radio. I got the radio from www.Scan.co.uk and the panel and wiring harness fron www.bluespot.co.uk , in fact bluespot (which is owned by Blaupunkt) has some great deals online and is a very good place to shop.

Have a look here http://www.bluespot.co.uk/stock/woodstock_dab54.asp
Last edited by wrinklet1 on 21 Jan 2007, 17:59, edited 1 time in total.
1xAmi,3xGS,2xBx,2xAX,2xSaxo,1xXantia mk I,2xXantia MkII,1xC1,2xC2,
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

On two of my XM's I've got a very nice sounding Sony mask XR-M510 which
is all matched up to the steering wheel controls and it uses it's own very nifty
credit card remote too. Check out the following link for all the ideas/auctions
for bits to get you going;

http://tinyurl.com/2zvsna

Thing with a CD multi changer is the space it occupies inside the car - better
geting one of those rf transmitters to get your mp3 player broadcasting a
signal to your radio. Mind these aren't totally legal to use in the Uk as
you're effectively broadcasting without a proper licence...

Andrew
reblack68
My Cars:

Post by reblack68 »

I have a Blaupunkt Woodstock DAB52 in mine. To get the DAB working I jumped a wire across the two aerial sockets (this model is supposed to have a separate DAB aerial) and fitted the longer roof aerial from a Renault.

I managed to get the steering controls working with an adapter on my 97 Xantia but the adapter I got for my 2000 Xantia wouldn't play the game at all.
Richard

No French cars of my own at present.
Care of a 1994 205 D.
tonyb1
My Cars:

Post by tonyb1 »

I got a fascia adapter and steering control leads from autoleads.co.uk. I fitted a Sony CDX – GT410U, works great, full steering controls. It's got an Aux in for my ipod and a USB slot to play off a memory stick. Easy to fit, took about an hour.
Xantia 1.9 TD LX 1994 - 152,000 miles and running, strange vibrations
den169
My Cars:

Post by den169 »

I fit a sony mp40 in my 98 Xantia its a great mp3 cd player and it will work with steering wheel controls etc.I took it out and fit it in my C5 cos i liked it so much i also bought one off ebay to go in my pickup,
I still have the Autoleads facia adaptor which is a very good fit and the autoleads steering controls adaptor for a sony if your interested in them.
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

You'll probably find that genuine Citroen fascia adapters are the best value - 4 years ago Halfords wanted £30 for a ZX one - Citroen was less than £10.
jeremy
SteveG

Post by SteveG »

Cheers for the suggestions guys. Looks like I'm going to be spending some time checking out specifications ... and prices :-)