MOT Info

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

reblack68
My Cars:

MOT Info

Post by reblack68 »

I'm sure most UK members are aware that you can check a car's MOT status online at http://www.motinfo.gov.uk/html/home.html.

What I didn't know is that if you click "Request History" you get details of every electronic MOT the car has had. It tells you where it was done, details of any fail or advisory points and the mileage.

I looked up my Xantia and discovered it shed 70k miles between its previous MOT and the one I bought it with :x . I don't understand why the previous owner did it because the price was right for the real mileage. It's annoying because I've just had a timing belt replaced that wasn't actually due.

This is a free service and after my experience I would advise anybody to run a check before buying a car. Apart from mileage you can sometimes tell if a car has been neglected by the fail items.

You need the registration number and either the MOT number or V5 reference number. Be suspicious of a seller who won't give you these numbers.
Richard

No French cars of my own at present.
Care of a 1994 205 D.
AX_Man

Post by AX_Man »

I hope its better than the buy car tax disc online ( http://www.vehiclelicence.gov.uk/EvlPor ... =directgov ). I had no troubles buying my AX tax disc following instructions on the V11 letter in August.

However in December my Saxo's was up for renewal and the letter didn't have the 16 number code on the website said is neccessary and shown on their piccies.

The website also had a problem with the alternative using your V5 number.

However I was still able to do on their 0870 automated telephone service that took 6 minutes and the car tax arrived 2 working days later.
1996 Citroen AX Debut and 2001 Citroen Saxo.

I love Citroens!