xantia leaky injectors

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dan_the_v8man
My Cars:

xantia leaky injectors

Post by dan_the_v8man »

Hi

the centre two injectors on my 1.9TD appear to be leaking. they have being doing it for a while now. it isnt a major leak and it isnt dripping but its more than a weep. i wiped them clean and after a few hundred miles they were in the same state again

it would appear to be oil that is leaking. it doesnt smell like diesel, but i have had a fair bit of bio in the tank.

any idea of the cause, solution or if i should even be worrying about it?

once again, thank you all for your help

Dan
Dec 94 Xantia LX 1.9 TD 116k - My first car :D
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Sounds at first like your leakoff pipes may be leaking Dan. These are the little black pipes daisy-chained between the injectors. But if you are not experiencing starting problems then it is likely they're not..

The oil you see is actually from the turbo trunking joint above the rocker box. However carefully you try to do them they always weep a bit of oil which drips and covers the two centre injectors and makes a little puddle in one of the centre head bolts. The oil you see is condensed oil mist from the crankcase breather and it is under turbo boost pressure.

Totally normal. Nothing to worry about at all!

But do check your leakoff pipes and if you have any doubt about them, replace them.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Starting will only be affected by leaky leakof pipes on an engine with a Bosch injection pump - Roto-Diesels (Lucas, CAV Delphi?) just leak and smell but do nothing else.
jeremy
dan_the_v8man
My Cars:

Post by dan_the_v8man »

im pretty certain my pump is a bosch

thanks for the help
dan_the_v8man
My Cars:

Post by dan_the_v8man »

update, had a look while i was changing the oil today, the oil is from the turbo trunking

thanks again :D