C5 "Antipollution Fault"

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jmd
My Cars:

C5 "Antipollution Fault"

Post by jmd »

The above was displayed on the Message Display of my C5 2.0 Ltr Hdi, year 01, this evening. Car lost power, hesitated, and steadied at 50 MPH. I stopped, switched off the engine for a few minutes, Started again and resumed my journey with no obvious loss of power, but the message is still displayed.
Can anybody advise what the problem might be. :o
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Had any work done recently ? have you driven through any floods recently ?
jmd
My Cars:

Post by jmd »

Thanks Wheeler for your reply. Difficult here in Ireland, not to have driven through floods recently. We have had alot of that. Heavest rainfall in 30 years - So I did drive through floods, but with extra care. There is no indication of water having splashed onto the engine. The only work done recently was to change the Air Filter. Fitted a K&N (yesterday) in the existing box. I should have said that the revs refuse to rise above 2800 RPM.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

If you look at the top of the intercooler there is a pressure sensor connected to it via a small pipe,right in front of the air filter housing. has this small pipe been snapped off when changing the filter ??
it wont go above 3000 rpm because the engine is going into limp home mode likely due to the fact that the ECU cant see turbo pressure.
jmd
My Cars:

Post by jmd »

Thanks again Wheeler.I had a diagnostic check carried out today

The following reports came up from the check.

(1) Fault in Can Communications- with control Air Conditioning unit*
(2) Brake Switch Circuit - No Signal.**
(3) Unknown Fault Code 02465.***

* no idea what this is, as the guy who carried out the check does not have a guide to the Fault Codes.
** Technician reckons that driving through a flood could have caused this.
He cleared the faults, and the car is apparently fine, and will Rev over 2800 RPM, which it hadn't done since the "message" appeared.
I had a doubt myself about the Air Conditioning, because when switched on, no change is noticed in the RPM or there seems no noise from the unit.
*** Any idea what this Code means.
After all that the tube on the front of the Air Filter was disturbed a little box on the tube was disturbed, so I have repaired this. Many thanks for your help.