zx electrics

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

weety
My Cars:

zx electrics

Post by weety »

i got dragged out to look at a friends zx as the central locking 'unlocks itself' when parked......fortunately (or unfortunately) no one has actually bothered to steal it when it pulls this neat little trick.....

anyway as i didnt fancy rewiring half the car (had a few citroens in my time) i decided to pull the fuse out....but then woe oh woe

i yanked out the fuse for central locking (fuse 4) but the central locking still worked and the radio stopped working.....thats when i realised i was in trouble.......

so i started playing musical fuses before settling on fuse 8 as the only fuse that stops the central locking (plus the clock, radio permanent live, interior lights etc etc)......

so apart from cursing zx's for having so few fuses has anyone got any cunning suggestions as to either whats wrong with the central locking or how to disable the central locking without yanking fuse 8?

why do i sense a rewiring of the car coming up :(

lucky i have lots of wire (shame its all one colour :twisted: )

Cheers for any advice (oh and happy xmas)

Peter
w
M reg xantia 1.9td 266000 miles expired
R reg xantia 1.9td 186000 miles veggy power expired
L reg renault clio 1.9D 91000 miles expired at 107000 miles
x reg clio 15d veggy power bottom of the car rotted through
06 c5 2.2 TD wowser so much power and comfort 160000 miles
philhoward

Post by philhoward »

If it's got the "plip" remote installed, try disconnecting it (in the roof). I spent far too much time looking into a ZX central locking system and the two things which can trigger the central locking normally are the drivers door lock (broken wires in the door umbilical are common, apparently) and the plip unit. If there's no plip. then the other "unlock" signal comes from the passenger door.

Third option (unlikely?) is the control unit itself...

P.S. You managed to post this 3 times...
weety
My Cars:

Post by weety »

ok i will disconnect the plip in the roof and see if that helps.....

yeah noticed i had multi posted this :oops: :oops: :oops:

couldnt delete them....i have e mailed the mods.........

Cheers

Peter
M reg xantia 1.9td 266000 miles expired
R reg xantia 1.9td 186000 miles veggy power expired
L reg renault clio 1.9D 91000 miles expired at 107000 miles
x reg clio 15d veggy power bottom of the car rotted through
06 c5 2.2 TD wowser so much power and comfort 160000 miles
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

I think in 94 the detail of the circuits was changed and Haynes diagrams are all earlier ones.

I think you'll find that one of the door lock motors is at fault. Maplins ones (less than £10) drop into a BX with no modification and my guess is that its a switch in a motor that has failed and makes it unlock. As probably the drivers's door is the only one with a switched motor (5 wire) it may be worth looking there first.

http://citroeny.cz/servis/servis.htm - Haynes manual (petrol)
jeremy
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Please note that a chafed cable in the door loom can do exactly this if connected to eath.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image