MOT PASS

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

davetd
My Cars:

MOT PASS

Post by davetd »

Morning

My lovely Xantia floated through its MOT this morning with only a couple of advisory notes, the usual faded front indicater bulbs, stone chip and perished front brake hoses. :D

At one point the tester thought I had an LHM leak on the rear height corrector until I showed him it was copious amounts of spray grease :lol:

It is a testament to what good reliable cars these are after being driven 160 miles a day every week day for a year.

regards

davetd
93 Xantia SX TD Manual Metallic Grey 145,000 Non Anti-Sink
Evodad
My Cars:

Post by Evodad »

Spot on Dave!

My 1994 180k miles Xantia passed two weeks ago with just the front discs to change. I consider discs to be a consumable item so I was well chuffed also.

I only do 32 miles to & from work plus the usual running about, so you'll soon he catching me up on the mileage thing!
mpr1956
My Cars:

Post by mpr1956 »

Hi.. Can I join in the crowing ? my 93 tdsx went through too recently ! These cars must have been (relatively) well put together. Thank the lord for the lack of electronics in these things.. - It's probably the last car I'll own that I could hope to understand or fix myself. Best wishes, Martin
I won't do that again
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Mine failed this morning :cry: but it only needs a new exhaust :lol: Not bad considering it has done 23k since the last MOT, and it is 6 months / 10k since I welded a patch on the other end of the exhaust.
Richard W
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Mine sailed through last time (9 months ago). It just goes to show that the Xantia, when well cared for, is a tough old girl and one of the best kept secrets of the automotive world.

It is such a joy to drive mine after driving other cars. The difference in ride and handling still never fails to pleasantly surprise me :D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
philhoward

Post by philhoward »

My previous TD VSX was a darling...had sat on the drive for 3 months without even being looked at. Charged the battery, changed the dodgy tyre which I knew about and it flew through. God I miss that car! Shame its successor wasn't as good...
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

A newly purchased N plate TD SX estate bought through ebay for £100
passed 1st time [first of my ownership too] and the tester remarked on the
high miles - 230k miles. He's forgotten my other VSX that's showing 195k!

Out of interest, wonder where everyone's mileage is at here then!?

The estate I bought was bailed out with by the previous owner after it
appeared to overheat - the warning light came on and the wife stopped
the car and got it AA'd home - the local garage diagnosed a failed Head
Gasket by reading their tea leaves...

turns out the engine got hot as the water temperature pick up wasn't
connected - the vigillant wife stopped instantly thus preventing any harm
to befall the engine...

The moral here is, when folk jump to conclusions, sometimes the obvious
is worth checking first - if I hadn't bought it, the car was going to get scrapped!!

Andrew
reblack68
My Cars:

Post by reblack68 »

Our TD is on 180k and the only evidence of it is a heel hole in the driver's footwell carpet. I could easily get away with giving it a good clean and knocking 100k off the odometer.

It passed its last 3 MOTs first time.
Richard

No French cars of my own at present.
Care of a 1994 205 D.