ZX door probs

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

ZX door probs

Post by RichardW »

Here's a good one..... the driver's door on our ZX has decided not to open. Lock button is going up and down, but neither handle has any effect. I guess the lock mechanism has come adrift some how - easy enough to fix - IF I can get the door liner off with the door closed :roll:

Anybody had to do this - or know if it is even possible without having to trash it??

Joy - Xantia MOT tomorrow morning, No 4 glow plug to change on the ZX (got to remove the diesel feed pipe for that!), and now the door to fix too :lol:

Maybe I should buy that new C4 I am lusting after...... 8)
Richard W
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

I can confirm that you can - just - get the door panel off with the door closed. Had to remove the seat, sacrifice the speaker grille, and the speaker is not too clever now, but at least the door works again. Looks like the lock is worn out - the outside door lever is all bent, and was catching on the main part of the lock - hence the non opening. Slight adjustment with the angle grinder and it is working again - a new lock mech is only £25 though, so I am going to replace it. New grille is £20, so that might get left off :twisted:

Glow plug can wait for another day....
Richard W