Blowers working...no it's not ...yes it is...

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

stevenlizuk
My Cars:

Blowers working...no it's not ...yes it is...

Post by stevenlizuk »

Hello all again,

Another saga concerning my heater blower.
One trip it works and the next it wont, it's not the ignition swich as it's bypassed.

The resistor pack is only a couple of years old so I'm hoping it's not that, but that also isn't likely to give an intermittent fault.

Any clues?

Cheers

Steve
98 406 Estate LX 2.1td in white (Anyone call Ghostbusters?)

97 Xantia SX 2.1td (Chipped and happy at 130mph) Deceased after agricultural incident (crashed into field).
1981 Mini HL (Just happy to be around)
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

If it works when you kick it (or the area close by) then its probably the motor brushes that are worn down.

//NiSk
'85 BX 16TRS, '91 XM injection 241,000 km (company car), '93 XM TD12 (515,000 km), '98 XM 2.5TD Break (320,000 km)
stevenlizuk
My Cars:

Post by stevenlizuk »

That's the first time anyone has actually mentioned kicking the car as a remedy to a fault.
By coincidence that's the first thing I usually do to it if it stops working.

The Citroen tool kit should consist of a multi-meter to track down all of the electrical faults and a sturdy pair of boots to give the car a good kicking for anything else.

This must be why mechanics wear steel toe-caps :lol: .

Cheers

Steve
98 406 Estate LX 2.1td in white (Anyone call Ghostbusters?)

97 Xantia SX 2.1td (Chipped and happy at 130mph) Deceased after agricultural incident (crashed into field).
1981 Mini HL (Just happy to be around)
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Could be a bad connection where the thick red/black leads are connected to the motor or, the other end, or, could be the transistors again if its the temperature controlled type, although I have never had them fail twice.
toldemoldham
My Cars:

Post by toldemoldham »

Thats the same problem i had and it turned out to be the brushes both was worn down approx 6mm left to the wire but 1 of them was burnt and course to touch,it also stuttered as if there was something stuck like a twig in the vains but got told by an electrician it was the motor on its way out.
02 c5 2.0 hdi sx estate