Xsara warning lights!!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dty
My Cars:

Xsara warning lights!!

Post by dty »

:( Have a wee problem. I have a Year 2000 Xsara HDI and today after driving the car for an hour suddently the warning stop lights and oil lights come on and tell me to stop immediately.
Added to this the temp gauage does not move and remains in a fixed position not rising, and at this time the heater blows hot air.
When the stop lights came on today, noticed that the temp gauge was heading to the red, and ther fan came on and remained on even when the ignition was switched off.
After leaving the car for a couple of hours went back to it and engine management light still on but no warning lights etc. I had checked the oil and water levels and all appeared normal.
The engine management light has also has come on and to be honest this has been a long standing problem for me and have had it reset twice but after a couple of months the engine when starting does not fire up then the light comes on. I have just left this on!!!
Is it possibly a problem with the thermostat or something else and any thougts on what I should do? Any ideas about the management light and think it may be related?? :(