"Climate control" ?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

James.UK
My Cars:

"Climate control" ?

Post by James.UK »

What's that all about then? I got the a/c and heater controls sorted, but it claims the car (Honda) has climate control? How does it work and what does it do? Anyone know? Does it stop the rain and make the sun come out then? :lol: :D If it does I want to know how to get it working!!.. :lol:
James. (Nr M67 East of Manchester).
Dark Blue ZX 1.9D Auto 1994 'L' 5 dr (modified) Aura. 98K miles used daily. Ave mpg 40
Wedgewood Blue 75 CTD auto Connoissaur. 2002. 144k. used daily. ave mpg 40 ish.
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

Climate control only controls the climate inside your own car!

Climate control means the heater / blower etc is thermostatic, you don't have to play with the temperature slider or fan speed at all.

In my Xantia, I've got it set to 22 C. In the winter, when the engine is cold, there is no heat so it runs the fan slowly to begin with, once there is some heat it runs the fan faster to heat the car. As the car warms up, it adjusts the temperature of the air out of the vents to keep it at a comfortable 22 C. It also has a "demist" mode which gets activated if you direct the air towards the windscreen.

The old Xantia without climate control, was a case of turning the fan off until the engine was producing some heat, then turning the fan on, with the slider set to hot. As the engine came up to temperature, you'd have to move the temperatuer slider to the middle because it would get too hot...

All in all, I like climate control, since it works and hasnt gone wrong yet...
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

Kowalski wrote: In my Xantia, I've got it set to 22 C. In the winter, when the engine is cold, there is no heat so it runs the fan slowly to begin with, once there is some heat it runs the fan faster to heat the car.
Ah that explains that! I couldn't understand why the fan in my Xsara runs slow when first starting from cold with it set to "Auto", then speeds up as the engine warms up. I assumed something was wrong with it :oops:
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Thanks Kowalski :) In that case my car hasn't got it!

No auto choice, just the usual radial heater controls for hot - cold.. and fan speeds, with an on-off button for the a/c.. :)

It has got cruise control, but I dont use it much, kind of spooky when it's working.. :shock: lol.. I only use it in those camera controlled 'ave mph' sections when going through Mway roadworks.
James. (Nr M67 East of Manchester).
Dark Blue ZX 1.9D Auto 1994 'L' 5 dr (modified) Aura. 98K miles used daily. Ave mpg 40
Wedgewood Blue 75 CTD auto Connoissaur. 2002. 144k. used daily. ave mpg 40 ish.