C5 Estate tailgate lock

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Robbie13

C5 Estate tailgate lock

Post by Robbie13 »

Tailgate lock not working have changed the actual lock and proved the door switch but still not working suspect no signal (12v) being sent from central locking module(BSI) any other ideas as to fault on BSI and how to rectify it?
SimonM

Post by SimonM »

Is it the main lock that is not working or just the one to window? If it is the window lock, part of the wiring is embeded in the window glass and you need to replace the entire window! This is a common fault, don't know if it would affect the main lock as well.
02 C5 2.0i SX Estate
Robbie13

Post by Robbie13 »

No it is only the tailgate lock,window still operating correctly as new one was fitted last year.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Broken/damaged wiring at tailgate hinge where the wires come through ??
Robbie13

Post by Robbie13 »

I did suspect the wiring at one stage but I now notice that the front release button does not work it either and that the rear interior light comes on and stays on when the ignition is made, also the window opener on the key fob has stopped working, are they all interrelated I wonder and would faulty wiring at the back end cause all these?
Robbie13

C5 tailgate lock

Post by Robbie13 »

Found broken wire as suggested inside hinge rubber, repaired and all is now working.