Xantia electric seats wiring loom woes

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Armadeus
My Cars:

Xantia electric seats wiring loom woes

Post by Armadeus »

Hi mates,
I got a tiny bit of problem fixing electric seats into my P reg Xantia SX. Seems my car is missing the wiring loom to be fitted to the seats. I did found the connector for seat heater but none for the power seats itself.

I removed front floor carpet thus exposing all wiring loom but no sign of the right connectors. I checked the fusebox and the seats 40A fuse is there and testing with a test lamp it is alive with current.

I've thought of 2 ideas to make it work.

A. Extend a wire from the fusebox run it down under seats and make new connector.

B. Tap current from live wire running along floorboard (for amplifier) and fit a 40A fuse before the seats. (if the above can't work)

I am not sure on 2 matters;

(1) There are 3 wires in the seats power connector (2 thick blue wires, 1 thin green wire). Which would be feed and ground? What the green wire for? It looks skinny it can't be feed or ground. I don't want to connect the wrong wire and short things up. :lol:

(2) Following method (A) above how do I remove the fusebox to reach the wires behind?

I'm knackered spending the whole day tearing apart carpets and figuring ideas. Haynes BOL wasn't being helful either. Anyone have wiring diagrams for Xantia electric seats to spare? Any other solution to getting it working?

Thanks mates. Cheers.
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Looks like a couple of electrical diagrams on this site

http://citroeny.cz/servis/servis.htm

Who knows - may even be in English - some of that stuff is.
jeremy
Armadeus
My Cars:

Post by Armadeus »

Thanks jeremy. There is none over there that Haynes already shown. Besides they just scanned it off Haynes. Citroen is crazy to keep certain wiring diagrams top secret. :lol:
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

The connector for the seat loom is found in the N/S/F footwell (97 VSX) right under the very thick mat.

Failing that, why not solder a fused connection onto the main supply wire to the ignition switch? The seats are rarely adjusted and even then only for a short period of time so the chances of creating an 'overload' to that part of the loom is rather unlikely.

As for what wire does what, trace back the seat loom to the motors and you will discover that you simply have a positive and negative. Ordinarily the seats are only powered when the ignition is on so the third wire might have something to do with that.
Berlingo Multispace 05 1.6 HDI
Picasso 02 HDI SX
Xantia 97 TD VSX
Xantia 96 Activa
Armadeus
My Cars:

Post by Armadeus »

Terrific idea there Richard. Will try that. Thanks mate. Cheers! :lol: