Help C5 front seat collapse

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

SandyD
My Cars:

Help C5 front seat collapse

Post by SandyD »

Hi can you help me please, the front passenger seat of my C5 gave a loud crack when I tried to move it and it looks like the front l/h link arm pin has sheared the link is for the seat height adjustment. I was wondering if any of you have had the same happen to you? Or can any of you ho have access to Citroen parts can have a look and see if it is listed.
I Know I have to remove the seat but it has a airbag fitted and I also know I have to disconnect the battery the clips on the battery I'm not sure of as I'm used to the nut & bolt type not some fancy clip type so how do you remove this type of conector ???
My car is a C5 2002 2.0l hdi estate.

Cheers.
bencowell

Post by bencowell »

Lift the coloured lever up and it releases from the terminal. Just play with it; you shouldn't be able to break it!
SandyD
My Cars:

Post by SandyD »

thanks bencowell I'll give it a go tomorrow as I have to go to the hanger to get my tools any way and I'll see if I can't bodge it for now (hope I get it right as she who must be obeyed won't be happy if the seat collapses with her sitting on it will she). :wink:
SandyD
My Cars:

Post by SandyD »

Cheers all the jobs a good un, first time I’ve had to disconnect the battery and first time I’ve had the seats out by my self (the joys of not having a warranty any more) The job took a while but I got there in the end.
Thanks again for your support. :D

Sandy.