Xantra Rear Wiper

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

paulstow
My Cars:

Xantra Rear Wiper

Post by paulstow »

Whilst on the forum I thought I would report that my (very) intermittent rear wiper problem on the Xantia has been solved be resoldering all the joints on the blue relay attached to the motor assembly. I couldn't see a dry joint, but went ahead anyway and - hey presto - all fixed.

Originally thinking it was the motor I found one which turned out to be 'wrong handed', ie parks on the left of the car rather than the right. However, it still fits and works fine.

As a result I have a spare working rear wiper motor for a Xantia 'W' reg estate. Any offers, please contact off list at jez@thechillifarm.co.uk .

Cheers - Jez
Jez

'00 Xantia 2.0HDi
'01 Dispatch 2.0HDi
'01 Jaguar XKR
'68 MGB roadster
acrowot
My Cars:

Post by acrowot »

This is a common fault on the estate, did you completely reseal the membrane that covers the motor assembly, if not you will soon have a very wet boot floor.
C5 HDI 110 SX 122000 ESTATE
C5 HDI 2.2 2003 EXCLUSIVE ESTATE 151000 MILES
paulstow
My Cars:

Post by paulstow »

I wondered about that. I had some damp in the back from when I'd had it apart previously but hadn't made the connection. If the membrane, which goes all the way around the bottom part of the hatch, is the waterproof layer, where is the water supposed to go - is there some kind of drain channel?

Cheers - Jez
Jez

'00 Xantia 2.0HDi
'01 Dispatch 2.0HDi
'01 Jaguar XKR
'68 MGB roadster
acrowot
My Cars:

Post by acrowot »

If you open the tailgate and look at the bottom of it you will see the drainholes, the water does enter the tailgate and exit through these holes, there is a very good article on this forum on how to reseal using mastic strip from a caravan parts shop, do a search for it. Basically what you have to do is thouroghly clean all the old mastic off and then wipe clean with meths., buy the tape mine was 19mm wide, carefully spread this tapeall the way around the door were the membrane fits and then press the membrane onto it and press into place, the poster of the origional article then suggested using bathroom sealant all the way around the edges, which is what I did, there has been no more water in the boot. I did remove the door card in my estate and then shut the door and got my Grandson to spray the back windscreen while I lay in the boot and you will be suprised how much water enters.
C5 HDI 110 SX 122000 ESTATE
C5 HDI 2.2 2003 EXCLUSIVE ESTATE 151000 MILES