Xantia water leak

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

keefy21m

Xantia water leak

Post by keefy21m »

Hi everyone, I have visited this forum many times over the last couple of years and have enjoyed reading all the advice given.
My trusty Xantia has developed a water leak which I cannot find the answer too on any of the forums. It is in the nearside rear footwell, I have cut the carpet out and it seems to be coming from the inside of the sill, where the sill meets the floor, does it even when it`s not raining so I can only assume water is getting trapped in there and then continually leaking out. I have looked for any drain holes on the sill but to no avail, any ideas gratefully received.

Thanks

Keith
Stewart(oily)
My Cars: Citroens since 1990, BX Diesel, GTI, TZD with 1.9 TD running extra boost before it was fashionable!, ZX Volcane TD, S2 Xantia break 1.9TD, Xantia HDI 110, currently zipping about in a C2 Diesel. C2 died from the dreaded worm, C3 Picasso HDI Exclusive, the adventure continues.

Post by Stewart(oily) »

My mates VSX got water in the rear footwell, it was traced to the plastic moulding at the back end of the rear window, we temporarily taped it up and its still dry. tailgate seal leaks in estates can manifest themselves as wet footwells too, good luck.
Stewart
BXs since 1993 built 1.9 TZD turbo, got a S2 Xantia estate, brilliant car! 2013, Xantia HDI LX 110 2000 new car with 122,000, l C2 HDI Rusty rocket, C3 Picasso HDI new to me.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

somtimes when people remove the inside door trim(card) to gain acces to the inside workings of the door they dont put the membrain back properly,i fixed leak on a customers car where he hd water comming in from behind the door trim and over the door shute seal,i found water was being diverted past the plastic cover over the back of the speaker and into the car,i stuck some plstic sheat from inside the door above the speaker to divert the water bck into the door,so it would go out through the drain holes in the bottom of the door where its ment to go
regards malcolm
davetd
My Cars:

Post by davetd »

I agree with citronut, I had the same thing in a car a few years ago it had over an inch in the footwell and I put the car in a car wash and lay on the back seat to see where it was coming in.
93 Xantia SX TD Manual Metallic Grey 145,000 Non Anti-Sink