Info req: Xantia 1.9TD SX servicing

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

the-fat-controller

Info req: Xantia 1.9TD SX servicing

Post by the-fat-controller »

Have owned the above (1995 model), for about 18 months now and as it's done about 13000 miles, thought it was time to treat it to a service? (I usually believe if it's not broke - and all that!).

Anyway, the oil is still quite clean, so I decided to leave it and time went by........

So - what doe I need to do for a service? Obviously oil and oil filter, air filter - but what else is recommended?

The timing belt was done not so long ago(relatively speaking - but the previous owner tells me it's OK to around 150/155000, we're only on 127000).

he car does seem to be getting a bit "sluggish" and , the fuel consumption is getting a bit lower MPG wise, is there a fuel filter needs changing?

Any advice - other than go to a garage (hehe) greatfully received.

Regards,

TFC
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Fuel filter at least, check condition of LHm as well incase that hasnt been done for a while and is maybe due to be flushed out and its filter cleaned. if you have aircon probably a cabin filter as well.
Check the tyres for pressure and wear and the wiper blades and door joints probably wouldnt go amiss without some more grease in them i find.
Check the plugs if you can as winter is approaching if you have sluggish starts as well. check general things like drop links and the sphere condition as well(bounce test each corner of the car) citroebics as well for when you warm the oil up is a good way for the oil to get warm i find :) check the exhaust as well for any rust spots forming on it for advance warning if its about to go anywhere and all the bulbs as well :)