Bad Language on the forum.

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

stevenlizuk
My Cars:

Bad Language on the forum.

Post by stevenlizuk »

Hello All,

While I agree that swearing should be used in context, I doubt that Quackers meant to cause offence in his enthusiasm for the car.

It would be a shame to lose you as a contributor Dave, but is the use of swearing really a cause to stop visiting the site altogether?

Come on fella, we need you.

I myself am not offended in the least by Quackers remarks but this is obviously not the case all round.

A good thing that those filters are coming back on line! :-#

Cheers

Steve
98 406 Estate LX 2.1td in white (Anyone call Ghostbusters?)

97 Xantia SX 2.1td (Chipped and happy at 130mph) Deceased after agricultural incident (crashed into field).
1981 Mini HL (Just happy to be around)
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

it is now a 60 pound on the spot fine if found swearing in public,besides i did not think we mated with cars,so why should it be acceptable
regards malcolm
stevenlizuk
My Cars:

Post by stevenlizuk »

String em all up!

The forum is only for "our sort of people".

Blah blah blah...
98 406 Estate LX 2.1td in white (Anyone call Ghostbusters?)

97 Xantia SX 2.1td (Chipped and happy at 130mph) Deceased after agricultural incident (crashed into field).
1981 Mini HL (Just happy to be around)
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

thats the problem with society today no consideration for others,(im all right jack),i thought this forum was for like minded people to help each other with there citroen related problems
malcolm
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Post by jgra1 »

Malcolm, is that true? £60?

yikes, didn't see that one come in.. (although I dont spend much / enough time reading the papers)

John
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

Don't mind me asking, but what is this all about?
If those concerned can PM me with details, I'll try to sort it out when I awake in the morning; it gives us both time to sleep on it. :wink:

Don't want a misunderstanding to cause any unnecessary hard feelings and I'm sure it can be sorted.
Possibly even committing it to writing may be enough to get it organised.
I'm not real enthusiastic about rough language although at times I think we all use it (after all we do work on Citroens) and I do tend to use what is referred to as "the great Australian adjective" in normal conversation; old habits die hard, but given the value of this forum as a resource to all that use it, does it really need to get to the point of people leaving? We all contribute to it in one way or another and I'm certain we're mature enough to either forgive and forget or apologise if ill feelings have been caused and get back to talking cars.

Alan S
RIP Sept 19th 2008.

She said "Put the cat out" She didn't mention it was on fire!!
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

I think it's understandable that some people would not necessarily want to read the kind of language we are talking about here, and whist it didn't bother me personally, I was surprised, if not disappointed, to see it on this particular forum.

I'm sure the author didn't intend to cause any offence with his exuberance and has probably taken heed of the furore following his remarks. So let's get back to what we like doing best, moaning about our Citroens, in the nicest possible way. :wink:
It infuriates me to be wrong when I know I'm right

Lexia ponce

http://perception.dyndns.biz/~avengineering/index.htm
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

To be honest, I don't know how that one slipped under the radar.
Given the amount of spammers we get on this forum a day (that you guys rarely get a chance to see) and the garbage they post most of which gets deleted as soon as it appears along with the offensive words involved and most of which these days are substituted so as to render the spam as meaningless until we can delete it, it beggars belief that "that" word got through.
May have been a case of not being able to see the forests for the trees when the options were set.
It must be remembered we are all of differing cultures some of which can use language verbally that is often quite innoffensive when spoken but is not acceptable to others when written down.
This forum has always been a cut above most others by trying to maintain a high standard of debate and the cars have been the common thread that has kept the majority of postings on an even keel. I always remember in the height of the Middle East problems a few years back, calling my wife in to look at a debate between a guy from I think it was Saudi Arabia and one from Israel and whilst this was going on, a couple from opposing sides of the then Yugoslavia also exchanging advice on car problems and suggested the way towards World Peace might be if everybody drove a BX.
, so let's put this topic to bed and get back to where we were and remember, there's a difference between being sworn in front of and being sworn at.
Keep it clean and to all, show a bit of tolerance.....both ways.

Alan S
RIP Sept 19th 2008.

She said "Put the cat out" She didn't mention it was on fire!!