citroen xantia alarm location on later models????

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

t4xy

citroen xantia alarm location on later models????

Post by t4xy »

I know the xantia is famous for alarm problems, as well a other annoying glitches which is why my friend rang me up two days after buying a R reg SX turbo diesel saying how do i turn the alarm off !! in the end he parked it overnight in a local municipal car park to stop his neighbours going mad. :shock: Having had a xantia myself i was confident i knew the score on this one, wrong! first i looked under the bonnet in the top right corner for the siren key switch = not there :?: then i looked in the handbook for fuse no 17, this was listed as "automatic gearbox" :?:(its a manual by the way) in fact in his handbook there is no reference to alarm exept for fuse no25 which is for alarm warning lamp, radio, instrument cluster etc, although i did notice fuse no27 says front electric windows and anti-pinch device :?: any ideas on anti-pinch device :?: I then read his handbooks description on the sensor override button to the right of the steering wheel, which i was unfamiliar with as im sure my 93 model didnt have it, anyway following the instuctions didnt work as the LED isnt working and going through the motions had no effect what so ever. As a last resort i thought ok i'll pull the brain on the alarm system and he will have to live without it, on sliding the front passenger seat forward and looking under the carpet i found no alarm module just wires :?: At this point i gave up, his later model is obviously nothing like mine except his alarm keeps going off and the clutch clip will probably go soon :) sorry for such a long winded post but i thought it best to explain that ive been here before and nothing i know works on this car. idealy i would like to know how to completely disable /remove the alarm on this model
miked
My Cars: Xsara SX (2003) Last of the line.

Post by miked »

The anti-pinch devie is just a function of the electric windows, which will make them re-open if they decide anything is trapped in the window as they close, like fingers etc.
f00lzz
My Cars:

Post by f00lzz »

Hope this is helpfull!

If you use the key to lock/deadlock the vehicle, then the alarm will not set. This allows you at least to park outside your house with the car properly secured and no fear of you (or your neighbours) being disturbed!!
Ian
Account Ref: 6419

Current Cars
Nissan X-Trail SVE
Saab 2.2TiD
Merc E270 Estate

Past Citroens
2001 Xantia 3.0 Exclusive
1999 Xantia 1.9TD
1997 Xantia 3.0 Exclusive
1995 XM 3.0 Exclusive Estate
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Re: citroen xantia alarm location on later models????

Post by Richard Gallagher »

t4xy wrote:on sliding the front passenger seat forward and looking under the carpet i found no alarm module just wires
The seat needs to be removed in order to gain access to the alarm box as its tucked right underneath the seat just behind the cross member bar.
Berlingo Multispace 05 1.6 HDI
Picasso 02 HDI SX
Xantia 97 TD VSX
Xantia 96 Activa
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

If you use the key in the door to lock up the alarm is not set, this is what I have to do as my ultrasonics are playing up. I know this because if I disable them then the alarm doesn't spuriously trigger. There is no LED in the ultrasonic disabling button, the LED is the one in the drivers door.

The alarm ECU is behind the glovebox/airbag on the passenger side on Mk2 Xants. It is on mine anyway, cos I've seen it there.
It infuriates me to be wrong when I know I'm right

Lexia ponce

http://perception.dyndns.biz/~avengineering/index.htm
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

The alarm on the mk 2 is controled by the CPH (loated behind the glovebox as said already) but it also controls Electronic anti-theft device,Door locking,High frequency remote controls,Interior lamp timer,Lights-on audible warning, Key-in-the-ignition audible warning & Doors-open warning lamp. if you disconect it the car wont start due to the transponder imobiliser connection.can you turn the alarm off by holding the ultrasonic deactivation button in & switching the ignition on within 10 seconds of opening the door ?
t4xy

Post by t4xy »

Thanks for the replys , As i said in the post it isnt my car but i will pass the information on its a shame you cant just pull the ecu on the thing but i suppose thats what alarms are for. im sure my mate said he tried locking the car with the key but the alarm still keeps going off. regarding the LED in the overide button, its definatly there and page 179 of the owners handbook has a picture of it calling it warning lamp "E" and it definatly isnt working, the led in the door by the ultasonic sensor is however working.
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Post by jgra1 »

chaps...

related to this a little, can i cut the wires to my ultra sonics? what will the alarm think?

I dont really want or need them... I always key-lock my car because the alarm triggered falsely one night, be nice to go back to remote locking..

thoughts?

John

Xantia V6 1998
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

t4xy wrote:Thanks for the replys , As i said in the post it isnt my car but i will pass the information on its a shame you cant just pull the ecu on the thing but i suppose thats what alarms are for. im sure my mate said he tried locking the car with the key but the alarm still keeps going off. regarding the LED in the overide button, its definatly there and page 179 of the owners handbook has a picture of it calling it warning lamp "E" and it definatly isnt working, the led in the door by the ultasonic sensor is however working.
If I remember correctly, on mine if you turn off the ignition and immediately hold down the disable switch, after a couple of seconds the led in the door will illuminate permanently which indicates the ultrasonics are disabled, give it a try, the book could be wrong about the led being in the switch as I think my book says the same as yours, but that is for Mk 1 versions.

I think if you cut the wires to the sensors you'd probably end up with a malfunctioning alarm. It might be worth trying to short the disable switch contacts. See what happens if you hold the button in before switching off the ignition then switch off with it held down.
It infuriates me to be wrong when I know I'm right

Lexia ponce

http://perception.dyndns.biz/~avengineering/index.htm
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

A more elegant solution than cutting the cables would be to take a link (probably with a series resistor) from the U/sonic transmitter connection to the receiver connection. That way, the alarm will get a constant input unaltered by doppler effect, and will assume that the car is unoccupied.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Just unplug them,it wont have any other effect on the alarm.