Matrix done but.....

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Matrix done but.....

Post by Stempy »

Now the airbag light stays on. I did have to move the car before I'd finished, so had to start it without the airbags connected and the light was flashing obviously because there were no airbags, but now with them back in circuit the light just stays permanently lit. I assume that means a fault has been registered in the ecu and needs clearing. I'm leaving the battery disconnected over night but don't hold much hope of it clearing itself. Are my assumtions correct and is there a way of ressetting the ecu without having to pay? :roll:
It infuriates me to be wrong when I know I'm right

Lexia ponce

http://perception.dyndns.biz/~avengineering/index.htm
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

If you're able to 'pop' round I'll do it for you :D
Berlingo Multispace 05 1.6 HDI
Picasso 02 HDI SX
Xantia 97 TD VSX
Xantia 96 Activa
Stempy
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

Way Hay, sounds good to me, thanks Richard, a good excuse to see that Activa too. I'll pm you when I know what I'm doing 8). Do you know if the airbags will be active when the light is on?

Lexia ponce

Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

Stempy wrote:Do you know if the airbags will be active when the light is on?
To be honest I'm not sure although my gut instinct suggests not. I take it you've checked the obvious, i.e Under the seats for any disconnected leads?
Berlingo Multispace 05 1.6 HDI
Picasso 02 HDI SX
Xantia 97 TD VSX
Xantia 96 Activa
davethewheel

Post by davethewheel »

i didn't think that the air bag codes needed clearing after the fault was fixed, i know that the connector on the seat belts pre tensioner is a common fault for displaying the air bag light and the connector is the same on the air bag, the small orange one with 2 pins, maybe some electrical cleaner will sort it.

regards dave

p.s i'm presuming that your car has air-con and if so how did you manage to remove the air box assembly without disconnecting the air-con pipes.
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

The air bags will not work when the light is on.Once the problem is sorted,the light will go out as normal.I would guess that its could be the steering wheel connector,as mine was quite problematic.The rotory connector in the steering wheel with the orange plug that connects to the airbag unit.Mine failed 3 times.
As the system was ok before you removed every thing,it could be this. :)
53`406 est SE Hdi 140,110k
Stempy
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

Ok here we go, Richard, didn't touch the seats so I'm thinking that there can't be anything wrong there. Mine has two ABS lights in fact, as the side airbags and pretensioners have their own ecu, and the light for those goes out as normal.

Davethewheel, mine has aircon but it's layed out differently which I think is due to it being a 'climate control' version. The aircon evaporator and associated pipe work are completely seperate from from the heater box.

np, I will check the connectors again in the morning before reconnecting the battery, but what I'm unsure about is that with the airbags disconnected the light flashes but with the bags reconnected the light is permanently lit, which made me think that it knows I've reconnected the bags but wants me to know it knows they've been disconnected.

Lexia ponce

wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

davethewheel wrote:i didn't think that the air bag codes needed clearing after the fault was fixed
Your right they shouldnt need cleared,the light should go out once the fault is fixed although the fault will still be stored in the airbag ECU as a temporary fault.
have you plugged the rotary connector back in at the steering column ?