306 Cooling Fans

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

demag
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: "H" Citroen Bx Tgs Automatic.
2006 Toyota Prius T4 Gen 2.

306 Cooling Fans

Post by demag »

My son owns a 306 diesel (not turbo) w reg with the dw engine 1.9
We bought it as accident repaired. It should have a/c but some pipework is missing and we are waiting for the parts.

In the hot weather it nearly boiled while stuck in a jam. Today we had a look but I couldn't find the thermostatic switch. According to Haynes it should be in the thermostat housing. There are 2 switches there but not the fan switch.

From what I understand the fans are controlled by the Bitron switch but it was starting to get dark and I didn't want to mess about much more.

The car is running fine apart from no a/c and no cooling fans.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Dave
2011 Peugeot 3008 1.6hdi Exclusive EGS.
'04 C5 auto estate 2.2 hdi. Gone.
Bx 1.6 TGS Auto 50k A rare beast by all accounts. A bit tired but getting better by the day. Gone.
'96 XM 2.5TD VSX.......Sadly sold. What an idiot! I should have held on to that.
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

Take a look on the following link and you'll find all the information you are looking for http://www.peugeotlogic.com/workshop/base/workshop.htm then at the top of the page click on 'electrical' then on the left side of the following page, 306 'cooling fans basic principal of operation'
Berlingo Multispace 05 1.6 HDI
Picasso 02 HDI SX
Xantia 97 TD VSX
Xantia 96 Activa
demag
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: "H" Citroen Bx Tgs Automatic.
2006 Toyota Prius T4 Gen 2.

Post by demag »

Thanks Richard that looks useful.

I had a look under the fan relay cover between the fans but could only see one relay, a shocking purple colour!

I'll have another look in the morning.
Dave
2011 Peugeot 3008 1.6hdi Exclusive EGS.
'04 C5 auto estate 2.2 hdi. Gone.
Bx 1.6 TGS Auto 50k A rare beast by all accounts. A bit tired but getting better by the day. Gone.
'96 XM 2.5TD VSX.......Sadly sold. What an idiot! I should have held on to that.