A Tale Of Two Cits

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Gregg1100
My Cars:

A Tale Of Two Cits

Post by Gregg1100 »

Hi All,
One question regarding my sons Mk2 Xantia Hdi 90 S reg.
Both front and rear washers have packed up. Checked all the fuses on board, pulled off plugs at each pump, no power to either,--checked operating arm and fed it some WD40. Are there any other fuses to do with this item?
On my own 16v, 2ltr, VSX Xantia Mk1 1997, my heater motor is iffy.
I will write this as it happened.
No blower, so I checked the blower wires under left hand dash area. Pulled off thick red wire and checked if any power. None. Pulled off thick black wire, bridged it across with test light to see if a circuit is made. No.
Jiggled wires about. Zilch. removed red and black again. Put back and fan started on low speed. But NO response from slider controls. Won't turn off now. When I started engine, fan stopped and wouldn't go again until I removed thick wires(engine stopped), refitted, fan starts until engine is started again. There is no plug fitted to the four green wires that plug into heater, so someone else has had trouble before I got car(individual wires instead of fixed in a block). Air con starts, both cooling fans work.
If it stops raining, I will go out and remove motor and see if it works on full speed with it hooked to a battery. I have to get this going so as I can advertise the car for sale. My trusty LX TD Xant is coming back on road. 1994 L reg with 201,336 miles under belt :D
Any ideas, anyone ?
Regards,
Greg
12 noon
Will start to trawl through all the heater fan posts this afternoon. :?

90 Kawa EN 500 A1- was running---now dead again
04 Kawa GPZ 500 E10 -alive and well.
54 Fiat Punto 1.2 Dynamic

Old Xantias- 16v 2litre 1997 VSX, 2 x 1993 TD Lx, S2 SX 1.9TD
Old Bx's--3 x 1.9 D, 1x 1.6 Auto, 1 x 1.9 GTi, 1 x 1.9 TZS