2. hdi xantia 2000 reg. O rings for injectors

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

icedillon

2. hdi xantia 2000 reg. O rings for injectors

Post by icedillon »

I have a leak which leaves loads of diesel gathering around the injectors. Its not from the small return pipe or ipples. Everywheer else is dry! Does anybody know if theer are c rings around the injectors where they sit? do they perish?

Don't know where this leak could be coming from, everywhere else seems ok
icedillon

Post by icedillon »

thats meant to read O rings
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Not sure as its an HDi - and I've never seen one - but as the temperatures and pressures to which the injectors are subjected to are considerable - I'd expect to find copper washers rather than rube3r or rubber type O rings.
jeremy
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

no there are no O rings where the injectors sit,they have two metal whashers ,one is cone shaped which is under the nozal tip,the other is copper which is under the seatof the injector body,you would not usualy get fuel leaking from the seating point,but some times if the injector has you can get fuel leaking at the joint at the middel of its body,this joint has not got any seal as it it is a ground fit,a bit like grinding valves in,but they should be very tight,are you sure the leakoff pipes are not the culprit,it is sometimes har to spot as it just weaps slightly,maybe at the rear where you can not see itas these pipes are the easyes thing to replace i would check and check again
regards malcolm