LHM leak - possibly from the height corrrector return pipe

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

lhmfan

LHM leak - possibly from the height corrrector return pipe

Post by lhmfan »

Hi

Apart from a rear height controller this is the first time that I have had a hydraulic problem on my 94 1.9TD Xantia. I think I have traced a leak to a union where the height corrector return pipework changes from metal to rubber. This is situated below the resevoir near to what I belive is the anti-sink valve (I am pretty confident that it is not the valve that is leaking). The metal pipes are terminated in two rubber bosses that in turn are connected to a rubber hose going to the top of the resevoir. One of the rubber bosses appears to have a small split in it (I can feel it more than see it) and I want to know please whether the union is avaialble as a seperate part or is it integral with the rubber hose or, hopefully not, as part of the entire return pipework.

I believe that the diagram in the post http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... hp?t=20120 shows the 'F' shaped union I am describing in the bottom left hand corner of the illustration. If it is not the union does anyone have any other suggestions for the source of the leak around this area?

Many thanks

lhmfan
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

I would think that it would be integral with the hose. I dont know how much a new one would be, I would enquire, you might be surprised, well you probably will either way! If it does cost a fortune try the scrapyard.