Pug 106 98 Temp Sensor

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Peter D
My Cars:

Pug 106 98 Temp Sensor

Post by Peter D »

My daughter ( 450 Miles away ) tells me that if she exceeds 70MPH the temp light comes on but if she lifts off it immediately goes off again, foot back on and on it comes. All fluids levels are correct and runs very well. My first though was just a broken wire but that would stop the light from coming on not turn it on. Any ideas out there. As you can imagine it is difficult at distanst to sort it.

Regards Peter
pugxpert

Post by pugxpert »

if your 106 is 1.1 the base models have no gauge but just an overheat light,the sensor does not screw into water way but does screw in head and measures head temp.does the heater go cold when light on? poss air getting into system headgasket or impellor fell off water pump,or temp sensor is faulty,check heater hot first when light on and if so get it bled by a garage bleed screws on heater pipe, thermostat housing and top of radiator
EP6T petrol turbo nice engine in the 207 GT and the new mini....
Peter D
My Cars:

Post by Peter D »

Car appears to run just fine, No loss of water or over pressurisation. Yes it is the 1.1 and as mentioned the light is apparently triggered by the road speed of 75 MPH immediatley you take you foot off the light stops flickering and immediately you apply the throttle the light flickers on again. This has to be either a faulty sensor or a short in the harness somewhere. I will be aasking more questions tomorrow but at 450 miles there is nothing much I can do except get her the remove the connector and see if the light stays off at 75. Car has done 98K, new pump and belt at 68k. Thanks for your reply. Regards Peter
pugxpert

Post by pugxpert »

no problem,sensor is under thermostat housing 2 pin blue connector,may be worth checking under bonnet earth points as well?
EP6T petrol turbo nice engine in the 207 GT and the new mini....