xantia alarm going off for no reason

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

pete@co.uk
My Cars:

xantia alarm going off for no reason

Post by pete@co.uk »

Hi guys

Yesterday i went out in my td xantia and the alarm started to go off suddenly while i was driving down the road then it stopped then started agian when i was driving on the motorway :oops: :lol: it just kept stopping and starting and was quite embarrasing it then continued this trend for the rest of the morning anyway when i got home i got the owners manual out pulled the fuse on the alarm which set it off agian anyway in the end i put the fuse back in and reset the alarm with the switch on the dash.

The led light on the dash went from flashing first then to a steady light then i pressed it agian and the light went off and ive had no trouble since and the alarm is working normally agian.

Any ideas as to what may have happened and you should have seen the looks on some peoples faces not to mention my embarrasment :oops: :lol:

Pete.................
Drives
51 Reg Citroen C5 SX 2.0 16v
2.1td
My Cars:

Post by 2.1td »

Hmmm, not sure what all that was about but a while back one night my Xantia alarm kept going off "for no apparent reason". After getting out of bed for the umpteenth time I eventually tracked down the culprit... a spider was making a web over the perimetric sensor on the drivers door! After I gave it it's freedom outside the car normality was restored! :roll:
Be careful!
pete@co.uk
My Cars:

Post by pete@co.uk »

Hi 2.1 td

Well that shows that your interior sensors are working just fine :lol: but it could have been a real burger in which case the alarm would have done its job and made them run!. i dont know what happened with mine that day but its been ok since i reset it but i was thinking that when i did my dash bulbs a few days before i may not have reset the alarm properly after i disconnected and reconnected the battery.

Pete.................................
Drives
51 Reg Citroen C5 SX 2.0 16v