towbar on xantia

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

steveleese

towbar on xantia

Post by steveleese »

Can anyone tell me if a towbar off a Citroen ZX will fit a xantia.I went to my local scrappy and he has one and says he thinks it will fit but he's not sure thanks for any help
reblack68
My Cars:

Post by reblack68 »

I'd be very surprised. A quick look confirms that Witter lists them under different numbers and at different prices.
Richard

No French cars of my own at present.
Care of a 1994 205 D.
citronut
My Cars:

Re: towbar on xantia

Post by citronut »

steveleese wrote:Can anyone tell me if a towbar off a Citroen ZX will fit a xantia.I went to my local scrappy and he has one and says he thinks it will fit but he's not sure thanks for any help
i would think not as the rear end of a ZX is completly diferant fom a XANTIA
regards malcolm
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Check fleabay and other breakers for them as i bet you can get one and the electrics used pretty cheap :)
slim123

Post by slim123 »

Remember that all tow bars must be type approved now, so a tow bar on a Xantia must be type approved for the Xantia and not the ZX.

If not and you have an accident, the poo will hit the fan and you my friend will be standing in front of it!!!

Regards
Slim. :shock:
john alexander
My Cars:

Post by john alexander »

where are you steveleese , my local yard had one . sportscar breakers 0131 333 1098. regards john.
steveleese

UPDATE

Post by steveleese »

I HAVE FOUND A SCRAPPY IN LEICESTER WITH A XANTIA TOWBAR HE IS TAKING IT OFF FOR ME SO I WILL PICK IT UP AT THE WEEKEND AFTER ADVISE DECIDED TO GO FOR PROPER ONE.THANKS FOR ALL ADVICE